Spike Chunsoft Press Event 2017
Last Thursday at GDC Spike Chunsoft made multiple announcements for their upcoming games, including several new projects and release dates for North America and Europe. We’re dedicating this article to every announcement which will include trailers and screenshots as well as an overview for each game. Some announcements didn’t get videos or screenshots but there’s a small section at the end of this post detailing those reveals. Let us know what you’re most excited for in the comments!
Fire Pro Wrestling World
Following a 10-year hiatus, Spike Chunsoft is excited to announce that the beloved Fire Pro Wrestling series is coming out of retirement! The new installment, Fire Pro Wrestling World, builds upon the core gameplay of previous titles with improved graphics, updated features and online matchmaking. The title enters Steam Early Access in early summer for Windows PC with a PlayStation®4 release planned in the future.
- PLAY ONLINE – Organize exhibition matches, tournaments, leagues, championship bouts and battle royals with players from around the world.
- MIX UP THE RULES -Modes include Deathmatch (steel cage, barbed wire or landmines), MMA-style and no-holds barred Gruesome Fighting.
- UNLIMITED CUSTOMIZATION – Create your dream wrestler from over a thousand devastating moves and even more body parts to battle for custom championship belts. Personalize the ring, mat logos and even the referee, then share your creations with the world.
- REALISTIC SIMULATION – Give your creations personalities with a robust CPU logic system that defines their every action. Does your wrestler play to the crowd, or play dirty? You provide actors for the ringside drama.
Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls
Spike Chunsoft is happy to announce that Danganronpa AnotherEpisode: Ultra Despair Girls will be ported to Windows PC on June 27, 2017! Originally released in2015 on the PS Vita, the title is a spin–off action–adventure game that connects the criticallyacclaimed mystery adventures Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc and Danganronpa 2: GoodbyeDespair.
Komaru Naegi, little sister to Makoto Naegi, has been imprisoned inside a mysterious apartmentfor over a year. One day, she is rescued by Byakuya Togami of Future Foundation, but the rescue isderailed by a sudden attack of hundreds of Monokumas. Komaru soon discovers that the city hasbeen taken over by a group of children calling themselves the Warriors of Hope. Their leader,Monaca, declares that the city will be the site of a “children’s paradise,” and to accomplish this, allthe adults will be exterminated. Komaru teams up with Toko Fukawa to try to survive therampaging Monokumas, escape the crafty Monokuma Kids, and uncover the secrets of the city.
- Third Person Shooter Action Sequences – Use the Future Foundation’s Hacking Gun to have a fighting chance against the hordes of Monokumas as you traverse Towa City.
- Riddles and Puzzles – The Monokuma Kids will challenge more than just your trigger finger; you’ll need your smarts to survive as well. There’s a lot to discover in the city, with a number of familiar faces and mysteries to unravel!
- Tons of Different Types of Ammo – Tackle challenges with multiple kinds of Truth Bullets, such as Paralyze and Link. Upgrade your firepower with special Bling Bullet modifiers.
Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony
Spike Chunsoft is excited to announce that Danganronpa V3: KillingHarmony is coming September 26 for Windows PC! The third main entry of the hit murder–mystery adventure game series, Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony is an all–new journey into theworld of Danganronpa. As the killing game begins a third time, the line between lies and the truthhas never been more blurred!
Welcome to a new world of Danganronpa, and prepare yourself for the biggest, most exhilaratingepisode yet. Set in a “psycho–cool” environment, a new cast of 16 characters find themselveskidnapped and imprisoned in a school. Inside, some will kill, some will die, and some will bepunished. Reimagine what you thought high–stakes, fast–paced investigation was as youinvestigate twisted murder cases and condemn your new friends to death.
- A New Danganronpa Begins – Forget what you thought you knew about Danganronpa and join acompletely new cast of Ultimates for a brand–new beginning.
- Murder Mysteries – In a world where everyone is trying to survive, nobody’s motivations are quitewhat they seem. Use your skills to solve each new murder or meet a gruesome end.
- Lie, Panic, Debate! – The world is shaped by our perception of it. Fast–paced trial scenes willrequire lies, quick wits, and logic to guide your classmates to the right conclusions.
- New Minigames – Between the madness of murdered peers and deadly trials, enjoy an abundanceof brand–new minigames!
428: Shibuya Scramble
Spike Chunsoft is proud to announce that legendary visual novel 428:Shibuya Scramble is finally coming to the west for PlayStation®4 and Windows PC in early 2018.Originally released in 2008 only in Japan, 428: Shibuya Scramble is hailed by critics as amasterpiece for its witty writing and tight narrative that will keep you guessing to the end.
A kidnapping on the streets of Shibuya brings together a hot–blooded detective, hard–hittingjournalist, former gang leader, the head researcher of a big pharma manufacturer and a part–timerstuck in cat costume for a series of events each more unexpected and outrageous than the last.Can they—or the city itself—make it through the day?
Spike Chunsoft also revealed that the upcoming VR prelude Cyber Danganronpa: The Class Trial will be free for Playstation Plus subscribers and will launch March 7 in North America and March 10 in Europe.
Kotaro Uchikoshi announced his new project code-named Psync, but no other information was made available besides the name and the director of the project.